Downsizing Your Office
As the Coronavirus pandemic impacts many company’s views in terms of ways of working and changes in relation to office space and how we work come to fruition, businesses are shifting the way in which they operate. Large office spaces pose a threat to a larger group of employees, and many businesses have come to appreciate the dangers of keeping a mass of employees in one space. For many months, employees have been working from home and the office spaces have remained empty, so as things change further, will business owners want their employees to keep working from home?
Whilst this may not be practical in all ways, there are certainly going to new changes that affect the way in which people work. Accessing files and databases from home as well as phone systems, means that people can work effectively from home and do not need the office. However, some businesses may choose to start using their offices once again but in a limited capacity only.
Why choose us
Things to Consider when Reducing Office Space
This may mean having a certain amount of people working in the office, if they need or choose to do so. This would result in downgrading all office spaces to save on rental costs and to keep all maintenance costs down. If this is the case, there are many factors to be considered. If you are looking at downgrading or shifting your situation around then you will surely need to look at the following:
- Removal of old furniture or rubbish
- A deep clean to restore to former state
Both of these are vital in order to move forwards smoothly. Perhaps you have decided to fully downgrade and want all your employees to work from home for the foreseeable future, you may find that you have zero funding to keep maintaining your office space. Unfortunately once this decision has been made you would need to ensure that you deep clean the office space before you leave it to ensure that any dirt, bacterial residue and grime has been entirely removed. This will most likely be within your rental agreement, so it’s important to leave behind a clean and empty space.
In terms of removing furniture, it isn’t easy or practical to remove all furniture yourself. Heavy desks and tables as well as any old redundant equipment such as printers or internet servers, may either be disseminated to other staff members or may be disposed of completely. It is incredibly time consuming sorting through each office and then disposing of the furniture often clambering down stairs or trying to remove in the lift. It is also a huge healthy safety risk for you and your staff if you had asked your team to help. Then you must find the dedicated spaces to dump all your rubbish and this can be difficult navigating city streets and traffic, which is exactly why you should look at calling in the professionals.
Why A Professional Team Can Help
You should remove all of these elements professionally by a team that can help you efficiently clear your office. With a highly skilled team, you can hire an office clearance service that will ensure that your business space is restored to its former glory and you do not have to worry about a thing. Some of the services may include:
- Clearance and ethical disposing of IT supplies – your IT supplies may include servers and file storage as well as hard drives.
- Removal of unwanted data – this data will often be confidential and if it was to land in the wrong hands, we appreciate that it could be incredibly damaging so we ensure that it is completely taken care of.
- Recycling and disposal of old furniture – we like to think sustainably! We recycle as much as we can which ensures that you are contributing to a greener world and environment.
- Transferring of office equipment when moving – if you are downgrading only due to a change in staff rotas, then we can ensure that everything is transferred easily and to your chosen timescale.
- Accessing value of assets, project management and purchasing – all of your business assets and your business information is confidential and we aim to make the change of moving or downgrading as smooth running and possible with our helpful and friendly team.
Times are changing and more and more businesses and opting for a simpler solution to keep their staff safe and happy and ensuring that their work can continue in a timely manner. A good workflow begins with a positive and healthy location. For more information please click through to https://www.junkhunters.co.uk/office-clearance-london/.