Man & Van clearance teams - operating mostly normally Monday - Saturday. We may ask for flexibility around collection dates and times to ensure we can cover as many customers as possible.
Office - 100% remote working but all teams functioning as normal.
Opening hours: Mon - Sat (8am to 5:30pm)
During this unprecedented period, Junk Hunters will continue to provide all of our customers with the essential services that we deliver for as long as we are able to do so.
As part of our commitment to protect our staff, our booking centre team are now working from home. Please bear with us when trying to contact the team as there may be small delays in getting through. Additionally, please do try and be flexible with collection slots if possible, as so that we can schedule trucks and clearance teams as safely and efficiently as possible. .
The advice provided the UK Government allows us to enter home and businesses to collect waste. However, like many businesses Junk Hunters has brought in more stringent measures to protect staff and customers. To this end if possible, all waste should be left outside unless the house is unoccupied, or the waste can be completely isolated.
We will not be able to enter the home if someone is shielding indoors or is in a high-risk group. If you identify to us in advance that a person is vulnerable (but not high risk) and may require additional assistance, we will do our best to accommodate this safely. In person contact should be kept to an absolute minimum and only when strictly required and if required from a distance of at least 2m.
Overview of measures we have put in place:
- Waste should be placed outside wherever it is possible to do so to ensure that there is no close human interaction.
- Where this is not possible waste should be contained in a single room away from other people
- We are not able to collect if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to the virus or are isolating due to potential exposure
- Our staff are taking precautions and only attending work if they are fit to do so
- We will not hand over tablets, mobile phones or documentation and will sign these on your behalf
- Our office functions operate as normal but our staff are working 100% remotely.
- Waste from homes with possible cases of COVID-19 and waste from cleaning of areas where possible cases have been identified should be double bagged, using a strong rubbish bag. These bags should be tied and stored for at least 72 hours or they will need to be moved as Category B infectious waste in orange bags (which we cannot help with). More info here.
We would ask all customers to cooperate fully during these difficult times to ensure we can continue to operate safely.